- Generate Tender/Contract enquiries to Suppliers / Subcontractors based on the Specification, Drawings, Bill of Quantities at Tender stage and Contract stage.
- Draft comparisons of rates /costs based on Quotations received from Suppliers / Subcontractors.
- Issue purchase orders to Suppliers and Subcontractors.
- Maintain procurement files and purchase agreements to an auditable standard.
- Research new materials & suppliers for design and cost savings.
- Apply and maintain the company policies and procedures set out.
- Ideally the candidate will have 1 year of office experience with purchasing experience desirable.
- Preference will be given to those with longer experience in construction industry even if this has been in engineering, quantity surveying or estimating.
- A CIPS or IIPMM qualification welcomed.
- Applicant must be able to work with a team as well as on their own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good Computer knowledge. Experience in Purchase Order systems beneficial.