Senior Financial Accountant
Terms: Permanent, full time, hybrid
2 Days in the office
The Senior Financial Accountant prepares monthly Financial Statements and monthly Consolidated Management Accounts. This position will report directly to the Financial Controller. The Senior Financial Accountant supports the Financial Controller in the management, co-ordination and delivery of an efficient and effective Finance Function
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepare the annual budget for review including the monitoring of the budget vs. the actual budget explaining key financial movements in conjunction with the Financial Controller in line with Group’s Policies and Procedures and reporting timelines.
• Produce accurate, effective and timely monthly management accounts in line with best practice (FRS102 SORP) and within Group policies
• Provide costings and impact to the Budget/Forecasts in order to enable the Financial Controller to review actual performance versus planned.
• Improve the collection, integration and presentation of financial data including the development of IT submissions in order to outline the targeted efficiencies and paybacks to the Financial Controller.
Requirements for the role:
• A NFQ8 qualification or an equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
• Qualified Member of relevant accountancy body with PQE.(ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
• Minimum 5 years’ finance experience (Ideally 3 years industry experience)
• Ability to take both macro and micro views of costing proposals
• Working in a complex accounting function to strict reporting deadlines—essential
• Proven experience in using a relevant financial software package
• Company Pension Scheme
• Paid maternity leave.
• Paid paternity leave.
• 27 days annual leave
• Bike to work scheme.
• Tax saver travel scheme
• Income protection
• Health and Wellbeing programme
Financial support for studying and study leave