Overview To be part of the team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate Accounting function.
Reports to Head of Finance
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts and supporting documents to strict timelines.
- Reconciliation of Group sales and costs reporting.
- Stock and costings review and analysis.
- Reconciliation of cash books.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Journal entries, prepayments and accruals.
- Asset and liability currency revaluations.
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset registers.
- Assist the AP and AR functions in accordance with departmental processes and procedures as required.
- Maintenance of statistical returns.
- Preparation of Revenue and HMRC statutory reporting requirements: VAT, EC Sales, VIES, Intrastat & others.
- Adherence to the financial procedures and improvement of controls and procedures to benefit the business operations and efficiencies.
- Assist in projects where required.
- Provide essential holiday cover to the satellite finance operations and customer service as required.
- Ad hoc general accounting tasks as and when required.
- Any other tasks deemed necessary by the Head of Finance.
- Newly Qualified accountant.
- Two years plus experience in a similar role.
- Microsoft Navision experience an advantage
- Excellent Excel Skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to operate independently.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy.