We are currently recruting for a Senior Project Manager on behalf of our client. The senior Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery of the project from post planning through procurement, construction and handover to the operations team. Experience in wind energy projects from post planning permission through procurement, construction to handover is required.
- Project management of large scale multi-contract wind farms and other power generation projects through the procurement, financing, construction and commissioning phases through to full operations.
- In conjunction with the project team and project owners engineer; manage the relevant engineering service providers and contractors to ensure that the design, construction and commissioning of projects is completed to and in compliance with appropriate standards of regulatory compliance, environment, health and safety (EHS), quality, and meet business case targets for budget and schedule.
- Manage, monitor and report on technical, commercial, contractual and other aspects of projects carried out under your remit resolving appropriately any issues that may arise.
- Administer key project contracts and manage the associated commercial negotiations endeavouring to minimise exposure of the company
- Identify and assess risks for projects under your remit and prepare action plans to mitigate and manage any risks that materialise. Prepare and update regularly a risk register for projects under your remit
- Liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders as required, to optimise projects and to progress projects from receipt of planning permission through auction readiness as required to full construction to achieve project and business unit goals
- Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with various licences and permits and liaise with all key external stakeholders as appropriate to achieve this
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's, objectives.
Qualifications & Skill:
- Experience in wind energy projects from post planning permission through procurement, construction to handover
- Ideally candidates would have an Honours Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering Degree (Level 8) however other Degrees will be considered i.e. Quantity Surveying, Mechanical Engineering, etc
- Minimum 7 years’ in a similar role
- Significant project management and construction management experience in large scale renewables and challenging sites
- Membership of relevant professional body
- Proficient IT Skills including Microsoft Office, Scheduling, Contract Administration
Please Submit CV in Word Format