Role reporting to the Finance Director
This role will work closely with the Finance Director and the wider Operational and Commercial Finance teams to ensure that appropriate financial controls and procedures are in place across all divisions of the business in order to safeguard its assets, and to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial information as reported on a weekly / monthly basis.
• Ensure that sufficient procedures, internal controls, systems and checks exist to enable accurate financial information to be produced for management and for reporting processes throughout the group. In particular, to ensure that controls over the transactional functions are appropriate and that a robust reconciliation process is in place in respect of key balance sheet control accounts.
• Ensure that the business maintains compliance with statutory, legal and insurance requirements in regard to the areas of responsibility. In particular, ensure that VAT, PAYE, taxation and CSO and other statutory reporting requirements are met on a timely basis.
• Ownership of monthly management payroll process.
• Lead and develop the finance teams (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Commercial and Financial Accounting – currently 9 people).
• Ideally, experience of a manufacturing, FMCG, multi-site environment
• Demonstrable experience of leading and managing the finance function
• Ability to work in a fast-changing environment and under pressure
• Ability to collaborate across the business and communicate effectively with senior management and third parties in a direct and open manner
• Experience of ERP systems
• Advanced excel user
• ‘Hands on’ approach to the achievement of objectives