Leinster Appointments is currently recruiting for a Purchasing Officer in Co. Kildare.
This is a permanent, full time role.
- Complete tender processes ensuring compliance with EU Public Procurement Directives & National Guidelines and the firms' purchasing policies & procedures.
- Liaise with and support the business unit managers in relation to the negotiation, conclusion and management of contracts and other associated agreements.
- Through supplier relationship management, assist the business units in contract performance management activities with a view to developing robust and highly functional relationships between the group companies and suppliers.
- Develop solid working relationships with business representatives (buyers) throughout the organization.
- Through excellence in communication, both internally and externally, liaise and assist buyers in achieving “value for money” solutions, delivering and facilitating highly functional specifications in terms of accuracy and quality of information and detailed requirements, working in cross-functional teams as appropriate.
- A degree qualification in procurement, business or finance.
- At least 5 years’ experience in applying public Procurement purchasing principles to the procurement of complex, high value strategic contracts and frameworks.
- Experience in procurement for capital projects would be beneficial.
- Excellent knowledge of EU Procurement Directives and a proven track record of applying them to produce commercially sustainable and fit for purpose solutions across multiple purchasing categories Understanding of EU Law.
- Excellent communication & influencing skills and a strong team player working collaboratively across all levels.
- Strong numerical/analytical skills with the ability to multi-task and work on own initiative.