Process Development Engineer
11 Month Contract Initially
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Full Benefits Package on offer
Flexible working hours
- To provide a new product introduction and process development service to manufacturing operations in Processing, Tabletting and Packaging.
- This includes the introduction of new products, materials and technologies; the discovery of process improvement opportunities and the re-development of legacy processes to increase productivity, reduce manufacturing costs and eliminate quality defects.
- This position requires the delivery of a timely and cost effective process engineering service of the highest possible quality with enthusiasm, resilience, honesty and a strong team ethic.
- The position is based in the Process Development group within the Technical Services Department.
- Lead a cross-functional team during new product introduction (NPI) projects in accordance with a pre-approved project plan, schedule and current project management best practice.
- Ensure that critical manufacturing systems and support structures are in place for major technology transfer and NPI projects and provide technical advice on process engineering requirements as needed.
- Execute early stage feasibility, technical, process optimisation and process validation studies;
- Liaise with the Technical Services Process Support Team to identify process improvement opportunities for legacy products. Propose and implement sustainable solutions to reduce processing times, improve yield, reduce defects and eliminate waste;
- Identify cost-effective opportunities for the introduction of best-in-class manufacturing technologies. Design and introduce these technologies to manufacturing operations;
- Input into the Technical Services management systems including strategic project planning;
- Review of Change Records and Risk Assessments to assess process impact and validation status as required;
- Provide regular progress updates (written and verbal) on projects and activities within and beyond Process Development Group as stated in project communication plans and/or as required by the relevant stakeholders;
- Adhere to the compliance matrix of business processes and routine departmental tasks;
- Manage the workload and resource plans of direct and indirect reports while supporting individual learning and development objectives through coaching and mentoring;
- Comply with the relevant industry and Company quality standards and the cGMP rules pertaining to production;
- May be required to assume responsibilities of Process Support Engineer where applicable, from time to time and as directed by the Manager or Director.
- Degree qualified in a Science or Engineering discipline
- Masters in a related field is preferable.
- Ideally 3 - 5 years’ experience as a Process Engineer with Pharmaceutical industry and New Product Introduction project experience; Food Manufacturing, Medical Devices industry experience considered as well.
- Recent graduates showing an aptitude with strong academic record will be considered
- Operational, project based or validation experience of oral solid dosage manufacturing processes an advantage;
- Excellent communication, report writing, presentation, interpersonal and time management skills.