Carlow - 3 month Temporary Contract
Salary: Negotiable (Depending on Experience)
Start Date: June 2021
My client is seeking to appoint an experienced Payroll Officer to cover a 3 month contract initially.
The successful candidate will need to have a minimum of 3 years relevant payroll experience.
An IPASS qualification and experience using Core Pay would be a distinct advantage.
Candidates will need to be about to commence employment immediate.
- Deliver payroll services to include payment of wages, salaries and pensions to approx. 1,400 staff and 1,750 pensioners.
- Record, direct and oversee payroll transaction processing on time and in compliance with policies and regulations.
- Ensure income tax compliance, namely PAYE/PRSI compliance including the receipt and transmission of data to/from ROS Services.
- Deliver agreed payroll service levels through demand management and service management processes.
- Ensure that reconciliations are completed in the agreed timeline, with differences resolved promptly.
- Maintain the Core payroll system in collaboration with the Payroll Manager, including ensuring system upgrades are tested thoroughly and adequately for implementation.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and identify and resolve potential control weaknesses within the Payroll function.
- Respond promptly to auditors (Internal Audit and C&AG) queries and recommendations.
- Ensure that queries from stakeholders are dealt with promptly and courteously.
- Ensure that Travel and Subsistence expenses are paid on time and in accordance with policies and regulations.
- Provide assistance/ support to staff regarding the claiming of Travel and Subsistence expenses.
- Organise, co-ordinate and manage staff assigned including:
- Providing leadership, support and mentoring to assigned staff (currently 1 direct report).
- Facilitating staff to drive and deliver organisational change.
- Ensuring strong two-way communication with the team and promoting the development of collaborative working relationships.
- Using the Performance Management & Development System (PMDS).
- Level 5 Qualification, i.e. Leaving Certificate or equivalent examination.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a busy payroll role
- Knowledge of payroll processes, controls and tax regulations including PAYE and PRSI
- Familiar with high volume payroll processing
- Excellent numeracy skills, organisational skills and attention to detail
- Computer literate with a high level of proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook
- Accountancy skills
- Proven track record of successfully dealing with competing priorities and deadlines.
- A payroll qualification e.g. IPASS qualified
- An accounting qualification e.g. Accounts Technician or
- qualified/part-qualified Accountant
- Experience in a team leader role
For more information on this role, please contact Damian Ryan
Tel: 045-988500 / 085-8749410