Part Time Payroll Administrator
North Kildare - Fixed Term Contract
2 days per week (16 hours per week)
Salary: €35 - 40K (pro rata for the hours you work)
Start Date: May 2020
My client is seeking to appoint an experienced Payroll Administrator on a part time basis.
The successful candidate will be required to work 2 full days per weeks (16 hours) and have a strong background in processing high volume payroll.
An IPASS qualification would be a distinct advantage
- Processing Weekly payrolls accurately and in a timely manner for all sites, ensuring that employees are paid their entitlements by the due date and in compliance with Company Policy and Legislation. This process includes circulation of payslips and upload of payment file for approval to the bank.
- Maintenance of T&A system to company standards which will involve resolving system issues with the aid of the software service provider.
- Creating new and developing current reports from T&A and Payroll software system to cater for the reporting needs of the business in an efficient to reporting deadlines where applicable
- Ensuring that all T&A users have received adequate training and initiate refresher training where required. This training should involve taking the user through a document of best practice where all the rules for payment are explained. The payroll administrator will be responsible for updating this document of best practice for new rules and/or developments
- Posting nominal ledger journals for payroll
- Processing the equivalent of the Monthly P30s (as previously named prior to PAYE Modernisation) ensuring that all payments are made from the bank.
- Liaise with the Department of Social Welfare in respect of all refunds payable to the company.
- Deal with all employee queries in a timely manner
- Record weekly payroll KPIs for KPI meeting
- Preparation of weekly labour reports for the wider finance team
- Manage the weekly payroll clinic process which provides forum for staff to discuss pay related queries
- An IPASS Qualification would be a distinct advantage
- Demonstrates flexibility and projects a positive manner in the face of change
- Excellent time, space and task management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and understands that listening is the most important aspect of communication and actively works to improve those skills
- Interacts professionally with clients and associates at all times. Promptly responds to requests with accuracy and in a courteous manner
- Works as a competent member of the team willingly providing back up support for co-workers when appropriate and actively supporting group goals
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, knowledge and experience of T&A system (TMS) and Payroll Software System (Bright Pay).
- Exhibits sound judgement and shows a high attention to detail
For more information on this role, please contact Damian Ryan.
Tel: 045-988500 / 085-8749410