Reporting to the Director of Operations
Excellent salary & benefits package available
Staff management experience required
The Manufacturing Manager is accountable for the deployment of plant direct production resources in a manner that best optimizes human and physical resources effectively and efficiently.
The role will have both a direct production management responsibility and an important improvements element in the delivery of key programmes such as product cost reductions, productivity improvement, overhead management, etc.
Key responsibilities/tasks will include:
All day to day management of direct production operations including:
- resource and cost management
- delivery of production to agreed schedules
- productivity and improvement programmes to deliver best in class manufacturing performance
Working directly with respective department heads on site to lead core teams, to deliver improvements and Group synergies in the following areas:
- product quality performance
- layouts, MWIs and other manufacturing support functions
- product cost management/reduction programmes
- Lean Manufacturing
Manufacturing strategy implementation
Product cost management/reduction programmes through both engineering and purchasing activity
Operational improvement programmes (through Kaizen, Kanban and other WCM techniques)
- Minimum five (5) years manufacturing experience
- Degree in, industrial engineering, business administration, business or equivalent combination of education and experience (seven+ years in leadership role in manufacturing environment)
- Demonstrable experience of running operations in a comparable scale and sector
- Capable of running all aspects of a standalone manufacturing operation whilst recognising the synergistic benefits of working in a Group.
- Strong focus on delivering exceptional operational performance
- Excellent operational and man management skills/leadership qualities.
- A strong leader, able to inspire confidence both internally at all levels and externally with customers and partners
- The ability to motivate and to manage a dedicated team
- High energy, drive and determination.
- Must have current experience in implementing and working with ISO 9001 standards
- Experience working collaboratively with operations managers at all levels
- Demonstrable knowledge/experience of Human Resources, Employee Relations and supervision
- Experience in tracking production metrics, making corrective steps as necessary to meet goals, and providing overall understanding of plant performance at any given time
- Experience managing budgets and controlling costs
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and foster synergies available from working within a Group
- Demonstrated success in leading team
- Proven experience in driving operational improvement