Location: Tullamore, Co. Offaly
Competitive salary plus bonus and benefits
Permanent full time
- In collaboration with the Engineering & Services Manager, develop and execute strategies to leverage standardised lean processes to deliver a cost efficient and effective maintenance and mechanical engineering services to drive year on year improvement in Operating Profit for the Energy Business Unit;
- Identify and deliver plans to improve customer experience, equipment reliability, material utilisation and to deliver asset care programme, asset reduction programme and tangible value re-engineering;
- Deliver systematic reduction in maintenance and mechanical engineering costs, year on year, by equipment / plant overhaul line and total, at or better than budget and / or prior year. Identify and analyse cost drivers to lower service and planned overhaul costs to maximise value to Energy BU. Review, monitor and manage the maintenance and mechanical engineering budget to ensure cost reduction targets are achieved;
- Sustain and enhance a lean transformation programme with focus on safety, engagement, cost, delivery and customer experience. Develop suite of leading metrics to identify issues with maintenance / mechanical engineering programme, service delivery and customer experience and target areas to improve. Develop and deliver improvement plans through systematic review cadence and governance;
- Responsible for development and delivery of the Maintenance and Mechanical Engineering budget. Monitor and report on performance against financial targets and service key performance indicators. Monitor and assess budget progress, individual and overall cost elements, emerging and previously identified risks to ensure that any departures from key deliverables are identified, recorded and appropriately remedied;
- Be an exemplar in demonstrating Leadership Standards and Behaviours for Success.
- Lead, motivate, develop, performance manage and change manage the maintenance and mechanical teams. Actively promote a culture of high performance, empowerment and accountability with focus on cost, delivery, safety and continuous improvement, embedding systematic management and governance processes.
- Ensure staff training & development is in place to retain key skills and continually improve work performance.
- Ensure a robust succession plan is in place covering business critical positions across the sites;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Minimum NFQ Level 8 in appropriate engineering and or technical discipline;
- 10 years’ post qualification experience at up to senior level in maintenance, engineering or technical programme management with 5 years in a similar role;
- Experience in leading change in maintenance or operational environment and a track record in delivering outstanding operational performance would be a clear advantage;
- Extensive experience and knowledge of strategic/change project and programme management required;
- Team management experience required;
- Excellent Technical Report writing and communications skills essential;
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project.