HR Manager (Maternity Contract)
Newbridge, Co. Kildare
Specific Purpose Contract
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Manage day-to-day HR services in an effective and efficient manner.
- Work collaboratively with the business unit Leadership Team to drive business performance.
- Provide coaching and expertise on a range of complex, sensitive people related issues.
- Provide accurate HR advice and support to management and staff in relation to all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Lead workforce planning working closely with the business by carrying out detailed gap analysis and executing.
- Develop succession plans and supports to ensure a strong leadership pipeline with leaders who have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to deliver on business strategy.
- Identify the capabilities required to achieve business success. Design and implement interventions to bridge any gaps e.g., personal development plans, strategic resourcing etc. to ensure that the business has the right competence and commitment to deliver strategy.
- Oversee the effective management and resolution of all employee & industrial relations issues, in accordance with employment legislation, company policies and best practice.
- Main point of contact for all union engagement.
- Lead on IR/ER initiatives across the business unit. Proactively and positively manage the relationship with the companys Group of Unions.
- Liaise with and develop good relations with relevant external bodies/agencies.
- Work closely with Lean Centre HR to ensure common company HR policies, programmes, and initiatives in the areas of Reward and Performance Management and Succession Planning are implemented consistently within the Business Unit.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with HR colleagues in other BU’s to share information and ensure consistency of approach on HR related matters.
- Provide support to the Head of HR in rolling out company-wide HR programmes and initiatives.
- Collaborate with EHS to maintain a safe working environment.
- Create a Culture of high performance within the team, operational excellence, and continuous improvement.
- Lead, coach and develop the HR Team to deliver a range of critical HR services. These services include leading in the areas of Talent Acquisition and Management, Employee Relations, Industrial Relations, Reward, Learning and Development, Performance Management and Communications.
- Be an exemplar in demonstrating the companys Leadership Standards and Behaviours for Success.
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
- As a key member of the Senior Management team, proactively use the Performance Management process as a means to support resource planning within your team and the wider organisation.
- Promote a safe place and system of work. Participate as required in EHS activities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
- Minimum 5 years experience working as part of a senior management team delivering business strategy.
- Degree in Human resources or related discipline.
- Previous experience in a unionised environment
- Level 8 business degree/CIPD .
- Good People Management Skills
- Good IT proficiency with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint and experience with Oracle is an advantage.
- Eligibility to work in Ireland is required.
- Proficiency in the English language required.
- Experience in the waste industry a distinct advantage