Health & Safety Coordinator
Salary: €40,000 - €50,000
**5 years experience in a similar Health & Safety role is a requirement **
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Management and maintenance of the current Company Environmental and Health & Safety Management System
- Regular review and update of the Company Risk Assessments / Impact Assessments, EHS Operating Procedures and Safety Statement.
- Ensure that all statutory compliance requirements are addressed
- Lead & promote a continuous improvement culture in relation to all health, safety and environmental work practices.
- Identify areas of risk and develop risk assessments/measures to reduce and control.
- Conduct audits, safety inspections and tool box talks
- Investigate/report accidents, incidents & Dangerous Occurrences
- Work with the Project Management Teams to ensure compliance EHS practices during Project Works.
- Monitor compliance with work specific Health, safety and environmental compliance requirements.
- Manage the administration for the Health & Safety inductions, communication sessions & training records.
- Oversee that staff have all completed the relevant statutory training.
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Compliance documentation prior to commencement of works
- Communications at all levels with a range of interested parties
- Provide administrative support (including attending meetings, recording minutes etc)
Qualifications/Skills and Experience
- 3rd Level Degree qualification or its equivalent in Health & Safety
- 5 years’ experience in a similar Health & Safety role
- Working Knowledge of ISO and ISO is preferred but not essential
- Strong time management and communication skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with a willingness to show initiative and determination
- Must have fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Hold a full driving licence