Head of HR
Naas, Co. Kildare
Salary: €70,000 DOE
Our client is seeking an experienced, dynamic and results orientated Head of HR to join their service. The Head of HR is operationally responsible for the Human Resource service reporting directly to the CEO. You will work hand in hand with Service Managers and the Heads of Department across the service in guiding and providing leadership. You will be responsible for managing an array of business-critical HR activities and designing and implementing HR policies and procedures.
- Develop the HR strategy in line with the company vision and direction.
- Lead change management within the organisation effectively to deliver the desired outcomes.
- To identify the core roles, responsibilities, competencies as well as training and developmental needs for management and staff across the organisation.
- Ensure the development of an appropriate and effective performance management programme to deliver high performance working teams at national, regional and local level.
- Ensure the provision of effective HR processes, systems, teams, policies and procedures to meet the future needs of the organisation.
- To develop and implement effective ER/IR strategies and programmes fostering positive staff engagement.
- Managing relationships with unions & ensuring that the Company's treatment of employees is consistent with its core business values and objectives.
- Handling complaints, managing grievance procedures and facilitating counselling in conjunction with other stakeholders.
- Investigating and resolving industrial relations issues in a timely and effective manner.
- To lead out on Trust in Care investigations across the organisation.
- Ensure consistency in the implementation of and compliance with HR policies and procedures across the organisation.
- Develop an effective recruitment, staff retention and succession planning programme to meet the future needs of the organisation.
- To deliver change through partnership with the various internal and external stakeholders.
- To lead in supporting the senior management team and the workforce in the communities to achieve the delivery of the company business objectives and clinical strategy.
- To lead on aspects of the development and implementation of strategies to improve efficiencies throughout the organization through greater use of technology.
- The Head of HR will have overall responsibility for talent acquisition within the company and will personally demonstrate behaviour consistent with the values of the organisation and ensuresthis is reflected across the workforce, whereby all staff maintain an awareness of the primacyof the residents in relation to all organisational activities.
- Ensure the development of fully compliant Health & Safety and data protection (GDPR) programmes across the organisation whilst fulfilling the role of Data Protection Officer.
- Regulatory compliance
- Workforce planning and recruitment
- Change management
- Representational and leadership role
- Performance management, staff development, support and team building
- Ensure the provision of best HR practice within the company
- Talent acquisition/workforce planning and management
- Payroll management, staff records, information technology and data protection
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- A relevant third level qualification in Human Resources
- Minimum 5 years consecutive experience in a senior HR role, within the last 5 years.
- Experience working within the Healthcare sector is essential
- A thorough knowledge of current Irish and EU legislation relating to Employment Law.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a leadership role
- Candidates must have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability for the proper discharge of the duties of office)
- Previous in-depth experience of union management, Employee Relations and Industrial Relations investigations is essential
- An extensive knowledge of workforce planning, recruitment and retention issues
Salary: €70,000 DOE
25 days annual leave