Commercial Accountant - Permanent
The successful candidate will be a key member of the recently established Traded team whose functional mandate is to add value and manage the Groups risk & inventory position using financial instruments and hedging opportunities. The establishment of this team and its growth so far has created a new opportunity for a commercially focused accountant to join the team.
While reporting to the Financial Controller, the candidate will be embedded in the day to day activities of the commercial trading team with a strong dotted reporting line to Head of Strategy, Planning and Risk Management. They will act as the key point of contact for the Traded team and the Head of Strategy, Planning and Risk Management and will be a key business partner for them. It is envisaged that the successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the running of the traded team and will be a key contributor to the profitability of that Business Unit. The person will act as the finance point of contact for the Traded team and be responsible for all Finance related matters including PL reporting & variance analysis, Budgeting, identification and validation of inventory position, reconciliation to third party broker statements.
What are the requirements for the role?
Weekly & Monthly Accounts
- Sales and profitability reports on a weekly and monthly basis (vs. prior year and budget)
- Preparation of Weekly Volume & Flash P+L with variance analysis
- Monthly management accounts reporting with variance analysis
Stock Management / Costing
- Maintenance of Traded Group’s Inventory, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Ensure accurate allocation of stock costing for weekly and monthly management accounts and flash reporting
- Liaising with the Procurement Team on inventory related items e.g. valuation, obsolescence etc.
- Preparation of support schedules for key accounts in the Balance Sheet e.g. reconciliation to Third party broker statements
- Responsibility for ensuring results as reporting are in line with Hedge Accounting policies as adopted by the Group
- Preparation of month and year end files for review by Financial Controller
- Dealing with internal and external auditors on review of Balance Sheet accounts
- Assist in all areas of budgeting, forecasting and preparation of strategic plans, including the coordination, completion and maintenance of the budgeting model
Production of timely and accurate forecast calculations. To make recommendations on provision levels and calculations thereof
The successful candidate must have the ability to work on their own initiative, be a good team player, be inquisitive, have good problem-solving ability and be commercially focused.
At least 2+ years qualified as a Chartered Accountant (ACA) with Big 4 experience
Good team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
Commercially astute with strong analytical skills
Strong attention to detail
Highly motivated and dynamic – ability to work to deadlines and achieve targets in a time-conscious manner
Good IT skills, particularly Excel
Practical and common-sense approach to problem solving, and the ability to demonstrate creative solutions
Technically strong with ability to understand and take ownership of various hedge accounting transactions
Excellent salary and package on offer