Leinster Appointments is currently recruiting for a Category Specialist in Co. Wicklow / Co. Laois.
The position is a permanent, full time role
The position offer hybrid working.
Salary between €43,000 - €53,000, depending on experience.
- Manage the procurement process for the assigned categories to include; definition of user specification, category profiling, sourcing strategy development, and contract implementation.
- Responsible for the advertisement, delivery and award of contracts in line with business requirements and all relevant regulations and guidelines.
- Support the development of robust procurement strategies for the assigned categories, and execute annual implementation plans.
- Identify and deliver value for money, through implementation of cost savings and continuous improvement programmes from category strategies.
- Work with the business and tender team, to ensure tender requirements are agreed, and contracts are in place for their categories when needed.
- Reporting & analysis of spend & savings, as well as supplier market insights for assigned procurement categories.
- Engage in improvement projects and initiatives to support our sustainability objectives.
- Support the development of contractor and suppliers through collaboration and partnership.
- Responsible for implementing effective supplier relationship management processes to recognize and reward our best performing & progressive contractors.
- Relevant qualification in business, procurement or related discipline (ideally to HETAC level 8), with a minimum of three year’s experience. Knowledge of and awareness of procurement regulations.
- The knowledge to manage financials to maintain profitability and value of the estate
- Knowledge and experience of strategy formulation and the role of innovation in exploiting the delivery of strategies.