Assistant Warehouse Manager
Salary: €38,000 - €40,000 DOE
Mon to Thurs 8am to 4.30pm and Friday 8am to 4pm - no shift work
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifies WH system issues, investigates the best solution and promptly resolves problems or escalates to WHM.
- Stay updated on latest WH trends and efficiencies and looks to see where possible to introduce.
- Actively support & maintain WH CRM to ensure contact details and work planning are up to date.
- Work with Warehouse Manager in setting and achieving both short and long-term warehouse goals.
- Scheduling employees’ work hours and holding weekly meetings to review previous weeks issues and assigning tasks to meet this week’s deadlines. Organising and overseeing overtime work when required
- Direct oversight of all warehouse functions including, but not limited to, picking, packing, receiving of goods and stock counting, staff training, safe working environment.
- Leading the team to ensure all warehouse functions are carried out to company standards.
- Ensure team are maintaining service levels on all customer interactions delivering great Customer Service.
- Ensure all goods are checked in and receipted correctly in the most efficient time possible and that any queries are checked and resolved.
- Provide leadership support across all functions within the warehouse and demonstrate high standards of work practice.
- Investigate picking errors and mistakes within the warehouse functions.
- Main day to day liaison with transport and logistic companies.
- Ensure Warehouse is continuously kept neat, tidy & safe, and weekly cleaning schedule is adhered too.
- Oversight of warehouse Health and Safety and making sure protocols and procedures are being maintained.
- Ensure that vehicles, machinery, and equipment is checked and recorded weekly, well maintained, and fit for purpose.
- Ensure new stock is given location in warehouse.
- Working with employees to develop training programs to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Oversight of the Returns department and training of staff in on this role.
- Continuously assess the product space requirements and move stock as required.
- Report progress updates, key achievements, and any concerns to Warehouse Manager.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Proven understanding & knowledge of day to day running of a busy warehouse.
- Experience in identifying issues, resolving, and presenting solutions.
- Awareness of current WH management styles and ability to develop the WH environment to meet modern day systems and efficiencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with the WH team and the wider employees and directors.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft office suite of programs (excel, word, powerpoint)
- Ability to maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Current Forklift license
Salary: €38,000 - €40,000 DOE
Benefits: Quarterly Extra weeks wage based on company achieving target, sick pay scheme, pension