Assistant Financial Controller - West Dublin
**12 month contract**
We are currently looking to hire an Assistant Financial Controller to be based in the Shared Services Centre in Dublin.
This is a 12 month contract position.
This role will provide service delivery and process expertise to the R2R workstream within the Pan-Ireland shared service. This role will ensure that the reporting of the financial results is concluded in an efficient, exact and timely manner. This role will also ensure that proper financial control and reconciliations are continuously appraised and in place.
As Assistant Financial Controller, you will:
Financial Management and Reporting:
- Deliver the monthly/quarterly and annual reporting in accordance with legal, IFRS and corporate requirements, ensuring accurate financial data is submitted on time via the outsourced provider and the local finance team.
- Drive the provision of clean financial results – P&L & BS. Report results to the FD on monthly basis.
- Ensure proper financial control across the businesses.
- Meet all reporting deadlines, ensuring all entries have relevant backup and controls in place. Ensure monthly reconciliation files are reviewed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure ICT (Inter-Company Tracking) is submitted and reported correctly.
- Ensure proper segregation of duties across the businesses, implementing mitigating strategy where necessary.
- Monitor R2R services provided by the outsourced provider, through review of SOP’s, KPI’s, escalations and the voice of the customer.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement.
- Remain up to date on technical accounting changes and implement these changes into the R2R processes.
- Participate in Pan Ireland/ Pan ICSS projects to facilitate standardisation of processes across Ireland/ Europe.
- Adhoc activities as identified by FC.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively to mitigate any risk or financial loss or misstatement
- Conduct a self-inspection and audit program to cover local R2R activities and the reliance on the control framework of the outsourced provider.
- Liaise with external and internal auditors.
Basic Qualifications and Experience:
- A qualified/ part qualified accountant with up to 3 years’ experience in a multi-national organisation.
- Third level Degree.
- Excellent PC Skills (advance level of excel).
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional qualifications (eg ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA).
- General and wide experience in Finance, IFRS, internal control, process and best practice expertise.
- Proficient in the use of SAP.
- Broad business understanding of a commercial consumer business and/or manufacturing site.
- Strong technical accounting skills; IFRS and local Irish GAAP).
- Excellent working knowledge of SAP/ JDE.