Dublin 12 - Permanent
Start Date: May 2020
My client is seeking to appoint an Assistant Accountant on a full time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will need to have a minimum of 3 years finance experience.
Experience working in a costing / management accounting environment would be distinct advantage
- The Assistant Accountant supports the Income Accountant to ensure accuracy and consistency of Income recognition in a compliant manner across the Group.
- The Assistant Accountant supports the business with costings and calculations for tenders and the review of Service Level Agreements to ensure compliance.
- The Assistant Accountant is responsible for reconciling funding income streams from organisations with actual Service Levels Agreements and ensuring that non-public contracts are supported by signed agreements and all such income is received and properly accounted for by Finance.
- Maintain register of all public and private contracted SLAs/other contractual arrangements across the Rehab Group
- Facilitate and support the Income Accountant in the preparation of business plans for extension of existing business and new business. These plans should be in line with the core values and objectives of the charity and the strategic plan.
- Develop scenario analysis to evaluate different costing options, to ensure the most effective and efficient option is included in Rehab’s response to service request proposals.
- Prioritize and deliver the day to day requirements of the group credit control function including managing collections and posting receipts to ensure that all debtor accounts are up to date.
- Continuous improvement trajectory in terms of the collections and presentation of credit control data. This will include the development of the current reports submitted to the Income Accountant which will clearly show Credit Control targets including DSO.
- Prepare rolling Cash Receipts Forecasts with the latest projected cash inflows for the financial year. This will be supported by detailed analysis and schedules of other possible upsides / downsides to the forecasts presented.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience -- desirable
- Working in a costing/management accounting environment--desirable
- Exposure to a tendering (RFQs/RFTs) as part of daily duties--desirable
- Working to tight deadlines in large complex accounting function—essential
- Working in a complex accounting function to strict reporting deadlines—essential
- Proven experience in using a relevant financial software package
For more information on this role, please contact Damian Ryan
Tel: 045-988500 / 085-8749410