Base salary plus 25% shift allowance
Our Powergen Operations Business Unit currently wish to recruit a Shift Operations Technician. This role will report to the Operations Engineer.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following;
- Member of a shift team, operating & maintaining thermal electricity generating assets ensuring optimisation of availability, efficiency and commercial performance while maintaining long term integrity of equipment in line with strict safety, environmental and engineering standards.
- Operation of assets in line with key performance metrics, optimising availability, efficiency, environmental compliance, market outturn, ancillary service performance & operation of EPL in accordance with REFIT contract.
- Operation of assets per System Operator instructions and in accordance with the Electricity Market (SEM/ISEM) rules to maximise commercial outturn. Start-up and shutdown of assets with optimal house energy consumption and in accordance with defined operating procedures.
- Conduct plant inspections and undertake routine servicing / maintenance work consistent with experiences.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and defect reporting via continuous maintenance management system. Assist with maintenance activities during outage or breakdown situations as required.
- Participate in the implementation of Lean Management techniques and in the ongoing development of Plant Business Management system.
- Liaise with other Plant teams, maintain interfaces with key stakeholders including, NCC, I-SEM, Peat & Biomass supplier, Regulatory authorities, suppliers and contractors. Broaden experience by covering the Operation Engineer's position. Supervision of contractors during maintenance periods.
- Acting as competent person under site safety rules, broaden experience by assisting safety authorised person in managing process safety and safety from the 'system'. All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Electrical, mechanical or automation craft qualification or other relevant third level qualification
- 3 + years’ experience in a similar role
- Heavy Process Industry/Power Plants experience preferable.
- Excellent people management skills required
- Excellent communication skills are essential for the role
- Ability to work within a collaborative team environment