Due to further growth and market demand, our busy client requires a Manufacturing Team Leader to lead and manage the plant shift teams to achieve production objectives.
- Liaise with the other shift Team Leaders and personnel to ensure Health, Safety & Environmental objectives are met and safe working practices are implemented to ensure zero lost time incidents
- Coach, motivate and develop team members through communication, employee development, training needs identification and succession planning involvement.
- Responsible for ensuring reviews are completed during probationary periods, post training etc.
- Champion the use of continuous improvement initiatives such as Six Sigma, 6S etc and assist in the identification of improvement projects. Collaboration between departments is necessary to facilitate process improvement.
- Promote a continuous work environment where a solutions focused approach to work is utilised.
- Liaise with the Technical/R&D Department on trials including process improvement and validation requirements
- Promote a customer and quality first culture within the team .
- Investigate customer complaints with shift teams and QA and ensure prompt action is taken where necessary.
- Involvement in the necessary critique and post critique of projects during and after implementation.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Qualification in manufacturing or a related discipline is desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to identify improvements in process, work methods.
- Experience of operating equipment within a highly regulated manufacturing facility is essential.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal and report writing skills
- Good computer proficiency – Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Ability to make decisions on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Flexible, results driven, willing to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Proven problem solver with a positive proactive attitude and good influencing skills are essential.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within a manufacturing environment
*Salary is negotiable depending on experience & qualifications.
*Please Submit CV in Word Format.