- Management Accounts preparation and related reporting
- Preparation of year end Accounts and schedules for audit.
- Managing month end close for Bank, AR and AP
- Intercompany Reconciliations for three group companies including UK company.
- Ensuring the accuracy of the Nominal ledger, Balance sheet control account reconciliations
- Accruals and Prepayments
- Fixed Assets register update and depreciation calculations
- VAT / Intrastat workings and reporting
- Support and Assistance for the Accounts team
- Assistance in relation to Accounting activities and Management Accounts for subsidiary company
- Other ad hoc analysis and reports
- Candidate should ideally be familiar with Payroll (Micropay)
Education and Experience
- Qualified / Part qualified member of accountancy body ACCA/ACA/CIMA.
- Accountancy Practice background with hands on accounts preparation experience would be helpful.
- 4/5 years’ experience in a medium to large sized Accounts environment, with an excellent working knowledge and understanding of accounting with an ERP system in a multi-currency environment.
- Clear Understanding of Management Accounts reporting and the impact of transactions on General Ledger
- Excellent working knowledge of all aspects of VAT.
- Excellent working knowledge of IT Financial Systems and MS Applications, Excel, Word etc
Desirable Personal Characteristics
- A positive pro-active approach
- Organised with excellent attention to detail
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to consistently complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to multi task in a busy office environment