FP & A Accountant - Westmeath
REPORTS TO: Group Business Controller
LOCATION: Mullingar (travel as required)
The FP&A Accountant is responsible for being a business partner between the Group wide finance team and the Group’s Managing Director.
The FP&A Accountant will work closely with the Group MD and Group Business Controller to deliver accurate information to support strategic decision making.
The FP&A Accountant will be the direct link between Group Finance and the Managing Director. Day-to-day work will be varied but will include:
• Provide support to senior management (in particular Group MD) by providing accurate and timely strategic information.
• Work closely with all areas of the business in terms of financial analysis, financial modelling and driving process improvement.
• Lead group-wide business case reviews on capital projects (over €100k) and presentations of recommendations to senior management.
• Provide assistance in collating reports and presentations with sound commercial insights.
• Support Operations teams (including Site General Managers and Engineering Managers) in controlling spend, improving internal controls and implementing labour books / standard manning processes.
• Ensure that all operational and strategic action plans are communicated and followed up across the Group on a continuous basis.
• Maintenance of a tracker / database of key commodity and input costs in support of the Procurement team.
• Involvement in numerous ad-hoc projects across the business as advised by the MD or senior management.
• Qualified Accountant with 0-2 years PQE.
• Strong numerical skills and comfortable working with financial models.
• Willingness to ‘get stuck in’ and learn the business.
• Excellent business and commercial acumen.
• High level of IT proficiency.
• Genuine interest in manufacturing not required but beneficial