The Financial Accountant plays an important role in our business by providing support to the accounts and finance team in the preparation of weekly/monthly accounts, stock control, sales analysis, and project work.
Reporting directly to the Financial Director, the Financial Accountant is responsible for activities to include;
• Preparation and reporting of monthly management accounts
• Stock Control analysis and overhead reviews.
• Preparation of Budgets, Forecasts & Cashflows
• Processing of accounts AR/AP.
• Maintaining Fixed Asset register.
• Revenue returns.
• Assisting with the timely completion of Year-end audits and liaising with external auditors
• Administration of payroll.
• Preparing cost and efficiency KPI reports to assist management in key decision making
• Variance analysis against budgets, standards, and projections
• Supporting cost reduction programmes.
• Ad Hoc Project work.
- The Person
• Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA and CIMA) with a minimum of 2 -3 years’ accounting post qualification experience
• Strong Excel and experience with accounting IT systems.
• Experience within manufacturing or accounting practice is desirable.
• Excellent communication and organisation skills• Strong technical accounting skills
• The ability to deliver in an efficient manner to tight deadlines
• Ability to take ownership, be proactive and achieve desired results is key
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Teamwork: Actively contribute to the development of a positive team environment, demonstrating a flexible approach.
• Attention to Detail: Ensures that work is executed accurately and completely, paying meticulous attention to the detail.
• Adaptability – ability to maintain effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities and people.
• Willingness to consciously collaborate and teaching others how to do something
• Actively looking for ways to help people