Accounts Manager - Permanent
Reporting to — Senior Management
Effectively managing the finances and accounting of the above organisations to increase profitability
Producing and analysing reports to ensure the overall success of the organisations.
- Setting the budgets and targets for each department in the above companies and continuously monitoring the performance relative to the targets set.
- Producing accurate weekly and monthly P&LS and financial statements for each company.
- Ensuring the profitability of all areas of the business are in line with the targets set for all departments and companies.
- Analysing the actual figures relative to previous periods, targets and budgets set, on a weekly basis for all departments and Companies.
- Analysing and identifying the reasons for actual versus target variances either negative or positive.
- Ensure checks and balances are in place in all companies in relation to;
Payments and Workshop parts.
Ensuring there is someone checking and seen to be checking the above areas.
- Ensuring the Credit Controller is achieving the targets set (minimum 90%) for the collection of debtors for each company.
- Ensuring a payment plan in place for bad or doubtful debts.
- Managing and forecasting cash flows of each company.
- Determining which areas of the business are profitable and which areas are underperforming.
- Overseeing investment opportunities and ensuring that a cash management strategy is in place.