Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares monthly statements by collecting data; analyzing and investigating variances; summarizing data, information, and trends.
- Prepares statutory quarterly and annual statements by assembling data.
- Ensures business compliance with statutory and revenue regulations and requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements; developing and implementing company policies and procedures, advising management on required actions; calculating quarterly estimated tax payments; assembling data for quarterly and annual tax filings.
- Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Provides financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations.
- Prepares special reports by studying variances; preparing budgets; developing forecasts.
- Updates job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Work with outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Support on office management and facilities management and other ad hoc requests.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified accountant with knowledge of business, economics or finance or related field
- Several years post qualification experience in a finance role, preferably in a dynamic growth business or professional services environment
- Deep understanding of business principles and practices