Senior Accountant - permanent
North Kildare Practice Firm
Responsibilities of a Qualified Accountant
• Accountancy Practice experience preferably within a small/medium practice.
• Manage clients on own initiative to ensure all jobs are completed in a timely fashion to meet both client and partner/director expectations.
• Manage client relationships to ensure clients are dealt with in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
• Planning, execution and completion of audit exempt, audit and sole trader assignments and delivery of completed files to the relevant partner/director for review in a professional manner.
• Liaise with clients to discuss and resolve any issues as they arise.
• Training, development and mentoring of part qualified/trainee staff of the practice.
• Dealing with revenue and companies registration office ad hoc queries in a professional manner.
• Preparation and filing of Income Tax returns (form 11) and Corporation tax returns(form CT1) for clients of the practice.
• Preparation of management accounts for clients of the practice.
• Assisting partner with company tax planning.
• Assisting partner with company valuations.
• Assisting partner with client/business coaching/development.
• Assisting with company liquidations.
• Minimum 2 years post qualification experience within Practice
• CPA/ACA/ACCA Qualified
• Knowledge of Accounting and Auditing Standards
• Required Skills of a Qualified Accountant including knowledge of Irish Tax and Company Law
• Advanced computer skills especially in MS Excel and Word
• Strong leadership skills with an ability to work as part of a team and to supervise a team
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge of Surf/Xero is desirable