Production Manager - Co. Wicklow
Permanent full time
Newly created vacancy
Fast paced Manufacturing industry experience required
Due to our continued success and sustained growth plans we require an experienced Production Shift Manager to join our site in Arklow, Co. Wicklow. You will be responsible for running a production shift. This will include developing and improving the manufacturing process, managing safety, quality, people, efficiencies and output. You will manage the production team to ensure all KPIs are met working to production processes and specifications. Production management experience in food manufacturing or in a fast-paced production environment is required. A third level qualification in relevant field is desirable.
Other duties will include:
- Oversee the production process, drawing up and implementing production schedules.
- Ensure that production is cost effective and continually work towards improvement strategy.
- Set and maintain stringent food quality standards (GMP, HACCP and BRC).
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as required.
- Achieve the required company quality standards ensuring both internal and external satisfaction.
- Ensure health and safety guidelines are followed and best practice is maintained.
- Strong customer focus, complaints and implementing actions.
- Communicate cross functionally utilising visual management, delivering shift briefs with the focus on quality, cost and delivery through gathering ideas for continuous improvement
- Lead and motivate the team to create a high-performance culture where improvement suggestions are embraced
- Review staff performance and identify training needs
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline is desirable.
- You will have managed multi-disciplined teams in a manufacturing environment with a broad in-depth knowledge of Lean Tools, Continuous Improvement activities, and Cost implications/constraints.
- Customer focused and commercially aware.
- Knowledge of business finance and management principles.
- You’ll be an advocate of H&S policies and procedures, ensuring all guidelines are been adhered too.
- You will be a strong influencing leader constantly striving to raise the standard of processes.
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned.
- Knowledge of Human Resources principle and best practice.