Finance Planning Analyst - Dublin 24
Contract - 12-15 months
• Direct responsibility for the establishment of the hospital’s annual and multi-annual budgets at cost centre level utilising the relevant information databases.
• Develop budgetary planning information systems to support flexed budgeting and rolling forecasts.
• Liaise closely with budget holders to maintain an awareness of service developments and consider the supporting financial resources required.
• Provide analysis and report in a timely manner on a monthly net outturn basis for clinical directorates, corporate management and the board.
FUNDING & COSTING
• Assist in the costing and submission of all funding claims to Agencies, through the Management Accountant, regarding new/increased expenditures and/or reduced income levels and to liaise closely with funding agencies in this regard.
• Participate in developing financial information in relation to planned service developments in conjunction with hospital management and adhoc service costing initiatives.
• Facilitate in the efficient discharge of the manpower approval control process including externally funded positions.
• Responsible for the non stock requisition finance approval process.
• Ensure that payroll related H.R. systems are operated effectively with regard to the funding status of employee positions.
• The post holder will report to the Management Accountant.
• The post holder will be required to work with Management, as assigned by the Director of Finance, on all new initiatives/ developments/ projects which have a financial implication.
• Current membership of a recognised or prescribed accountancy body such as ACCA, CPA, ACMA, CIMA, ACA or an equivalent accountancy body in another jurisdiction.
• 3 years’ relevant experience which includes administration experience in the Health Sector environment or service related industry
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation with strong influencing skills
• Proven service delivery background, strong commercial acumen
• Practical experience of use of IT systems / packages
• Fluent command and understanding of the English language to include spoken and written word.
• Working knowledge of SAP financials and budgetary modelling systems
• Have previous relevant accounting experience to effectively discharge duties and responsibilities
• The annual leave entitlement is 30 working days per year.
• Normal working hours are 35 hours worked over 5 days. You