Finance Manager Kildare - Permanent
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Lead capital financing/refinancing efforts for development projects, acquisitions, projects and operating projects. Lead on the negotiation and execution of all new Project Finance Debt facilities, manage the lender group and ensure shareholder distributions maximised. Lead the development of long and short-term finance and business plans. Work closely with Group Treasury and Finance. Develop and maintain relationships with commercial and investment banks that are active in the financing of power projects and project developers to stay current on markets of execution, key terms, strategy trends and best practices;
- Provide strong financial leadership and discipline in the development of business strategy working closely with the Commercial Manager. Conduct evaluation, modelling and analysis of commercial initiatives and provide the business decision makers with insight and direction on key business decisions. Working closely with the BU Management team lead the development of the annual budget and five year planning processes and present the plan to key stakeholders. Provide strong financial leadership and discipline to a number of Joint Venture companies and build effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the joint venture partners. Provide the financial and commercial leadership required to support the business unit in preparing bid submission under the RESS auction process including competitor analysis and auction simulations;
- Lead the financial analysis of significant capital projects, working closely with Group Finance and Treasury. Develop finance models that will evaluate project returns, internal rate of return (IRR), net present value (NPV), payback, etc. Provide decision support around capital projects/strategic initiatives including acquisitions and business development activities. Develop and manage cash flow models for analysing various projects/initiatives. Manage all the financial requirements for all construction projects and take a hands-on approach with the project teams to ensure maximum shareholder value delivered including direct contractor negotiations. Develop the control frameworks and business processes as required to support BU, ensure efficient delivery of revenue assurance, cash management, cost control & covenant compliance;
- Lead the implementation of the finance strategy to achieve the overall business unit strategy. Ensure that robust internal control systems are in place to ensure the integrity of Renewable Energy's management and statutory reporting and the safeguarding of the company's assets. Oversee the implementation of the internal and external audit recommendations and maintain finance policies. Design and implement new processes and technology solutions to capture efficiencies in the finance function and deliver value add KPI reporting;
- Provide the business with accurate and timely financial information to drive informed decision-making including performance assessment, financial analysis and business scenario simulations. Provide insight and challenge to decision makers leveraging in-depth business and market knowledge. Report on performance against targets, understand the reasoning behind variances, and challenge the business on recovery actions, risks and opportunity assessment. Ensure alignment within the business unit and with external stakeholders, including banks, on key macro industry assumptions using external reference data and internal expertise where appropriate;
- Lead the Business Unit's finance team and provide hands-on leadership, guidance, mentorship and performance management to the finance staff in the Business Unit. Ensure the finance organisation is structured and sized, so as to be optimally aligned to the needs of the business while focusing on identifying and delivering value to the group. Ensure the finance function and its staff works collaboratively with colleagues across the BU and Group to drive performance and meet the BU's strategic objectives, while efficiently delivering all finance functions;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- As a key member of the Senior Management team, proactively use the Performance Management process as a means to support resource planning within your team and the wider organisation.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree and professional finance qualification;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Financial modelling.