Practice Accountant - Permanent
Due to further expansion, we currently have an opportunity for an individual to join our Senior Accounting and audit team. We are seeking a person who is confident in the delivery of payroll, bookkeeping, Annual accounts, Tax and Audit. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to develop further technical skills by working alongside other qualified accountants and with external training.
Maintenance of ongoing bookkeeping services for a portfolio of clients across all industry sectors in a fast-paced environment
Development and support of client relationships
Manage a small team of juniors.
Manage a portfolio of clients of all sizes.
Preparation of Financial Statements
Preparing tax returns including Income tax, VAT, Corporation and simple CGT .
Dealing with client and Revenue queries
Involvement in promoting the firm and growing the client base
Willing to oversee and coach students or other team members
Ad hoc responsibilities
· Must have accounting degree and a professional qualification
· Fluent English with excellent oral and written communication skills
· Comfortable dealing with clients directly
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Highly organised and ability to manage and meet all deadlines
· Self-motivated and capable of recommending improvements in internal processes
· Ability to work in a team environment and support team colleagues
· Actively seeks out opportunities for professional development
· Excellent skills in the use of accounts & office software, for example RAP, Quickbooks Online, Surf, XERO, and other payroll packages including Thesaurus, Brightpay and ROS
The ideal person must have a facility to work remotely on a temporary basis with fast broadband and privacy. The position is based in our offices in Kildare but after the probationary period a hybrid option would be available if preferred.
Accounting Public Practice: 3 years (Required)
Professional Accountancy Qualification
Working with a great and friendly team
Limited working remotely opportunities
Membership and CPD Options
Company pension scheme
Personal growth opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent