Head of Reporting-Permanent
Reports to Director – Financial Planning & Analysis UK & Irl
The role is accountable for leading and driving the following:
• Lead FP&A function ensuring timely, accurate and good quality submission of MF, QF and OP reporting packs to Group.
• Manage the consolidation of the Ireland financial submissions in SAP BPC
• Assist Ireland Finance Director in day to day Finance activities.
• Key point of interface between UK&I Divisional FP&A and any Ireland Business Unit Finance teams
• Work with Divisional FP&A and Business Controllers and co-ordinate the annual budget and quarterly forecast process
• Identify opportunities for continuous development, improvement of financial systems and processes to realise efficiencies and standardisation across the Ireland Finance, FP&A function and SSC.
• Ownership of all aspects of financial controls, compliance, and Balance Sheet review process
• Responsible for ensuring all accounting standards and Accounting Guidelines are fully adhered to and are applied consistently across the business
• End to end ownership of the Segment CTC process from - accounting, reporting to forecasting and providing finance business partnering support to CTC budget holders
• Identify opportunities for continuous development, improvement of financial systems and processes to realise efficiencies and standardisation across the finance function
• Liaise with UK&I Tax Department and ensure compliance of tax accounting (Corporation, PAYE, and VAT).
• Management, mentoring and development of the Finance team staff, if any.
• Provide insights to senior management around financial modelling, forecasts, and profitability
• Key point of contact and liaison with statutory auditors and other external advisors.
• Provide leadership and support ad-hoc projects and initiatives as required
• Preparing business cases to support new investment, strategic and other business decisions (ROI Modelling)
• Analyse competitor and market financial information to provide insight to assist with decision making
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Finance professional with a track-record of FP&A built up in a project environment.
You are experienced, energized, capable, analytically, and numerically strong individual that is able to get into the detail but also step back and look at the larger picture
You will be keen to contribute to making FP&A into a value adding function becoming a trusted business partner and will ideally have some or all of the following:
• Be a qualified accountant and member of an accountancy body (ACMA, ACCA, ACA)
• Knowledge of civil engineering, construction and/or general contracting business.
• Good knowledge of IFRS and up to date with recent ones like IFRS 15, IFRS 16, IFRS 9
• Established track record as a Head of Reporting with personal attributes to deal with internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience of basic Microsoft packages
• Strong business orientation – ability to understand and explain business results and translate into financial consequences.
For this position we are looking for the following competences:
• Technical Skills - Knowledge of FP&A / finance principles and processes. Ability to synthesise information i.e., create conclusions, alternatives, and recommendations.
• Story telling – Ability to comment effectively on business performance and clearly articulate real drivers and trading outcomes.
• Influence – Contribute and lead a change in FP&A culture from ‘Collect & Report’ to ‘Predict & Act’.
• Fiduciary Finance responsibility – Actively contribute to maximise revenue and profits of the Segment but at the same time ensuring full compliance with IFRS.
• Helicopter approach – Ability to step back and see the big picture and if needed, drill down into the details.
• Initiative - Acting at one’s own initiative without being directed or encouraged by others.
• Can do attitude - Identifying problems and tracking down potential causes; recognizing important information and establishing a link between different data sets; drawing correct and realistic conclusions based on the available information; summarizing outcomes and reporting against performance metrics.
• Collaboration & Leadership – Understanding that FP&A does not work exclusively with numbers. Having the emotional and cross-cultural intelligence and empathy, to make it easier to understand the needs others.
• Team Player - Ability to work with Finance and non-Finance teams collaboratively as part of a team and actively contribute to excellence.
Excellent benefits package