EMEA VAT ANALYST
Based in North Dublin
Salary:€40,000 - 47,000 DOE plus excellent benefits package
The primary responsibility of this position will be to support with the preparation and submission of the VAT returns of our EMEA entities. Additionally, the analyst will work on resolving audits in a favorable manner and interface directly with VAT auditors in EMEA. The analyst will also support with various projects, including the set-up of robust VAT compliance processes, cross-functional projects that involve VAT, the analysis of the impact of the new VAT legislative changes and organizational changes as well as the set-up of the related action plans. The EMEA VAT analyst will work closely with the other members of the VAT team on Compliance, Advisory and VAT Technology matters.
- Preparation and submission of the VAT returns and the Intrastat declarations for the EMEA entities. This also includes the data and the returns to be filed under the real time reporting requirements such as the SAF-T requirements, Control statements, SII, e-invoicing, etc.
- Preparation and submission of the VAT refund requests.
- Preparation of the necessary documentation to support the VAT and Intrastat declarations, the refund requests as well as the payments made to the VAT authorities.
- Qualitative review, cross check and corrections of the data used for the purposes of the VAT and Intrastat declarations.
- Support with the preparation of the reconciliations between the VAT and the General Ledger on a monthly basis.
- Maintain monthly compliance calendar to ensure the timely reporting as well as the timely submission of the returns and the refund claims or the payment of taxes.
- Support with VAT regularizations in EMEA.
- Assist in the research, the analysis and the set-up of action plan to remediate to the various indirect tax issues identified.
- Support with VAT audits, manage and respond to tax authorities’ requests and interact to help resolve issues.
- Assist in the development of robust VAT compliance processes, including the reporting systems and the related process improvement measures and internal controls.
- Collaborating with other VAT team members on VAT compliance, advisory and technology projects.
- Support to the technology and compliance team members with the on-boarding of the VAT activities in the central EMEA VAT operations team at each go-live of Oracle R12/Vertex from all legal entities across EMEA.
- Support with cross-functional projects involving Direct Tax, Transfer pricing, Trade compliance, the business and other corporate functions (such as Record to Report, Order To Cash, Credit and Collection, etc.) to address a broad range of VAT matters within the region.
- Monitor legislative, case law, and other changes in VAT guidance or practice, determine the impact to the company and support with the implementation measures.
Experience and skills:
- Degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting – Preferably with a specialization in Tax
- A minimum of 4 years of VAT experience - Preferably partially in a Big 4 Practice firm and partially in industry
- Strong VAT Compliance knowledge required
- Experience with VAT Compliance process improvement and internal controls
- Experience with VAT accounting matters, preferred (including reconciliations with G/L)
- Experience with indirect tax technology preferred (Oracle R12, Vertex and VAT compliance tools)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Team player able to interact effectively and independently with peers and management
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Able to work in a high paced environment and under strict legal deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to effectively prioritize, organize, and perform multiple tasks with varying deadlines simultaneously