Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain appropriate controls to protect the integrity of information of company financial systems including:
-Financial system housekeeping procedures.
-Financial system security, including access control, and ensuring adequate segregation of duties.
-Smooth operation of interfaces with the financial system.
-Custody of the Chart of Accounts hierarchies.
-Implement control improvements arising from Audit recommendations/regulatory changes.
- Work closely and collaboratively with stakeholders to identify opportunities to optimise financial business and reporting processes and project manage the delivery of software configuration changes to implement the improvements including:
-Design, configure and test changes to the financial systems, in conjunction with vendors or third party providers where appropriate, as part of a defined change lifecycle process.
-Design and modify financial reports in line with stakeholder requirements.
-Design and deliver training in new functionality/reports.
-Develop and maintain KPI, dashboards, workflows and alerts.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about all products, systems and procedures that relate to the accounting and finance process.
- Coordinate financial system training requirements for the user community.
- Work closely with the ICT Department and vendor support personnel to investigate and resolve finance system issues.
- Maintain procedure documentation for all areas of responsibility of the Systems Accountant role.
- Proactively engage and participate in the annual business planning and risk management processes and manage the implementation of the business plan to meet organisational goals and objectives.
- Take responsibility for his/her own on-going personal and professional development.
- Support the Financial Accounting Manager in projects/assignments and/or other finance duties that may arise from time to time.
- Candidates must have an appropriate accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc.)
- Note – While there is a strong preference for a qualified accountant in this role, candidates with a Level 8 Finance Degree or Business Degree with a strong major in accounting, plus significant experience in a financial specialist role may be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification work experience.
- Experience in working in tandem with ICT/Vendors to deliver changes to finance systems / system implementations.
- Computer literate/proficient in the use of Finance systems, MS Office, Word, Excel, & Outlook.
- In depth knowledge of Accounting IT systems.
- Excellent organisational & time management skills with strong attention to detail.
For more information contact Sheelagh Newman on 045 988 500