- Analyse and forecast ongoing company stock level needs
- Oversee the maintenance of optimum inventory levels to ensure customer needs are met, whilst balancing the need to maintain inventory levels with minimal carrying and transportation costs
- Monitor individual third-party DC stock levels to maintain within required levels and move stock from one third party DC to another as necessary
- Engage with third party DC’s to ensure that agreed SLA’s are met
- Engage with third party DC’s on all new and ongoing agreed product/pricing logistic issues
Placing agreed order levels with suppliers
- Ongoing monitoring of supplier lead times
- Engage with suppliers and freight carriers on the scheduling of deliveries and dealing with logistic issues arising
- Get quotes from freight carriers
- Design and implement accounting and control processes/procedures in respect of non-sales outbound stock and sample movements
- Ongoing engagement with our sales fulfilment and customer services people
- Audit of compliance with processes and procedures
- Engage with NPD Director regarding inbound logistics for new products
- Work closely with all company departments as required
- Implement an appropriate stock count audit cycle procedure with all DC’s
- Data reporting to directors and relevant parties within agreed deadlines
- Ensure that all quality standards, legislative requirements and company policies are met, maintained and ongoing reviewed
- Participate and drive continuous improvement in the supply chain efficiency
- Other relevant duties, responsibilities and projects within the supply chain as may be necessary
- Third Level Degree in Business or Technical Discipline or significant career experience in Supply Chain
- Qualification supply chain management is desirable.
- Membership of a professional body is advantageous.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in end to end supply chain management
- Experience of managing a complex global network of contract manufacturing and third-party distribution
- Experience working with an ERP system and performing all inventory and sales order processing transactions
- Solid understanding of regulations or has experience of working in a regulated or controlled environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work well with internal and external stakeholders managing information flows and decision making effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Track record of excellent problem solving and process improvement skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong IT systems skills e.g. MS packages: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Can demonstrate excellent Project management skills.
- Ability to write SOPs and interact with Quality/Regulatory department
- Has a proven track record of presenting and influencing at senior levels.
- Can manage effectively within a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively within strict cost / time parameters.
- Limited travel.