3 Month Contract initially
About the Role:
- As a member of the Team, to provide leadership, to develop and to manage the implementation of clear category and brand led marketing strategies, whilst supporting the MD and your peers in the development of the overall future direction of the business and its implementation in the logistics function.
- To lead and manage the development and delivery of overall annual Logistics plans
- To provide the Logistics team with Line Management excellence (LMX) via direction and support to enable that we can deliver on our trading and financial objectives overall.
- To provide excellent communication with Customers, Sales, Procurement, Service & Finance and Supply Chain.
- Customer Service Levels – This is the most important KPI of the function. Working within the agreed lead times, non- availability cannot cause customer service issues.
- Finished Goods Stock Levels – Compare the current stock level with projected plans, forecast requirements and stock levels and place orders with approved suppliers as required
- Stock Obsolescence – Materials become obsolete if not used within the minimum shelf life of a product, or the forward demand has reduced since the stock was delivered. This information must be highlighted to the relevant business sector, so that solutions can be found. Manage the reports & the monthly meetings to eliminate write off’s.
- Support NPD initiatives to launch.
- Manage and review inventory levels and working capital, focusing on stock balances, aged stock and stock with no forecast.
- Production Schedule – Each finished product is produced to a standard recipe. Management of the raw material stock required for each production run from the projected production plan.
- The ideal individual will have in-depth experience in Supply Chain in the FMCG environment and will have a proven record of Supply Chain Lead expertise.
- A 3rd level qualification in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain/Logistics would be desirable but not essential.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the supply chain in the ROI & UK market place. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities: -
- Excellent communication skills and work ethic.
- Strong analytical and numerical abilities.
- Ability to achieve strict deadlines and delivers on promises.
- Strong focus on attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Excellent people and customer service capability.
- Ability to use resources effectively.
- Able to adapt to our environment with the capability of working on your own when necessary.
- Ability to be versatile in the role and the business.
- Problem solve and be creative.
- Strong computer skills including the use of SAP