€60,000 - €70,000
Senior Financial Accountant - M&A/Projects
This is a dynamic role within the Corporate Accounting team based in Dublin. As part of this team you will be responsible for supporting a wide variety of finance projects, for example, assisting the team supporting M&A related activities, including associated accounting, systems reviews and other diligence; supporting corporate-level projects, systems implementations and integrations, assisting in the preparation and review of the consolidated financial statements. As well as having a proven technical competency your role will involve working across multiple locations and in cross-functional teams so good communication and networking skills are required. This is an important role where the right person will have the opportunity to be impactful within the team.
Role Scope / responsibility
- Support Corporate Development and Corporate Accounting on M&A activities including the financial due diligence process, review of historical financials and identification of focus areas;
- Support the purchase price allocation process, technical accounting evaluation and recording of purchase price accounting activity in compliance with US GAAP/SEC requirements;
- Assist the post-acquisition integration activities working with relevant stakeholders to ensure seamless integration of accounting systems, accounting & operational policies and internal control environments, working with internal/external audit as needed to support related SOX compliance;
- Support the drive for efficiency improvements across the financial reporting close process, encompassing both processes and systems, and maintenance/development of ERP modules in use by the accounting group;
- Support the Technical Accounting Group and the accounting organization research, developing guidance and policies in the application of existing and new US GAAP technical accounting topics/pronouncements/accounting standards updates;
- Support the monthly consolidation process and assist in the preparation of SEC quarterly reporting as required;
- Support the maintenance of internal controls processes, interim & year-end audit/SOX testing and liaison with external and internal auditors as required.
- Big 4 trained background desirable with ACA/ACCA Professional Accounting Qualification;
- Good understanding of financial models and valuation techniques;
- A strong technical accounting competency with practical application knowledge in an M&A context;
- Ability to work and adapt in a fast paced and changing environment, with capability to work and communicate effectively with different functions / regions / cultures / stakeholders with a customer service mindset;
- Experience in delivering as part of a project team with solid knowledge of project management discipline, project management tools and analysis with good attention to detail, organization, and follow-through. Ability to assess and balance risk;
- Flexibility to meet reporting deadlines and deal with urgent requests;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong reporting writing and presentation skills and comfortable presenting and reporting to senior management;
- A systems-oriented mind-set with strong knowledge of IT systems; experience in Oracle and Hyperion an advantage;
- US Multinational experience an advantage.
For more information contact Deirdre McCarthy on 045 988500