Senior Accounts Assistant
Dublin 22 - Permanent
Start Date: January 2020
My client is seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Accounts Assistant on a permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will need to have strong supervisory skills and ideally have a background within hospitality.
They must also be proficient in Payroll, Debtors and general accounts.
- Management of the time and attendance system.
- Maintaining payroll information, filing and documenting properly.
- Following up all holidays and lieu days queries, ensuring all forms are filled and received.
- Managing staff queries around tax, PRSI and other payroll related issues.
- Retention of all records in a proper manner.
- Ad hoc reporting
- To assume responsibility for the daily reconciliation of Front Office and Sales Ledger invoices.
- To ensure all Sales Ledger Invoices have proper back up and are properly addressed etc. before accepting them.
- Mailing out invoices - ensuring all invoices have necessary receipts attached.
- Mailing statements on a monthly basis.
- To assume responsibility to contact, by letter, phone or e-mail, outstanding accounts to ensure payment due is remitted.
- Liaising with Accounts Manager on a weekly basis on outstanding accounts.
- To deal with customer queries in a courteous and sympathetic fashion and inform Management of every complaint or important observation.
DAILY REVENUE AUDITING
- Daily Reconciliation of cash, credit cards and lodgements.
- Prepare daily/weekly figures i.e. daily covers and daily statistics.
- Ensure adequate communication with all departments on a regular basis in relation to discrepancies in the income audit and assistance in correcting them.
- To deal with daily transactions for the petty cash and ensure that reconciliations are completed.
- Ad hoc projects supporting the Accounts Manager.
- To take ownership of, and be dutiful in ensuring that all audit and SOP guidelines and policies are adhered to.
- To ensure all filing is done in a timely and accurate manner
- Previous hotel accounts experience a distinct advantage
- Revenue Auditing within all areas of revenue generation
- Income reconciliation
- Financial operations procedural compliance monitoring and fraud checks,
- Revenue reporting
- Payroll management, with emphasis on time and attendance system's
- Roster management and planning
- Debtor management
- Month end bank reconciliation
- Month end accruals/prepayments, P30 & VAT reconciliations
- Management report preparation including attending and preparing for on site management meetings and director & head office meetings
- Staff Management
- Opera or similar PMS system
- General computer skills including Excel
For more information on this role, please contact Damian Ryan.