The successful candidate must be ambitious, energetic, and a motivated self-starter who is comfortable working in a dynamic and fast moving corporate environment and where a flat management structure exists. A pivotal element of the role will be involvement in the key decisions affecting the business and therefore a good commercial understanding is essential.
Reporting to the CFO/Head of Finance, the role will involve:
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts and year-end Financial Statements for both the Irish and UK entity
- Managing the audit process along with the CFO
- Preparation of monthly reports and analysis as and when required
- Implementation of financial measures and plans to maximise sustained growth for the business
- Budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis
- Management of the company's cash flow with responsibility for coordinating cash collection and suppliers payments
- Working closely with the CFO and team on all finance functions within the business to include cash flow management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed asset registers, taxes, etc.
- Ensuring the company is fully compliant with all relevant laws, accounting standards and filing requirements
- Working closely with group management on any ad hoc projects as and when required
- Providing strategic and financial guidance to ensure that financial commitments are met and all policies and procedures to ensure sound financial management and control are developed and maintained
- Maintain strong working relationships with external auditors, financiers and customers.
- Continuous improvement of finance processes
- Responsible for Intercompany accounting
- Preparation of weekly and monthly cash flows
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA recently qualified with preferably 2-3 years PQE
- Operating at a Financial Accountant/management accountant level in a medium to large sized company who is looking for a fresh and exciting new challenge. Candidates moving straight from practice will also be considered.
- Must be used to taking a high level of independent responsibility and decision making on a day to day basis, with a high degree of personal accountability
- Be able to work on their own initiative
- Some management and commercial experience (including staff management, HR processes and IT systems) would be an advantage. This role will involve the management of two Accounts Assistants
- Experience working as part of a senior management team an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High proficiency in MS Excel
- Strong technical accounting skills with up to date knowledge of relevant Irish and UK GAAP standards
- Ability to plan and prioritize work activities and use time efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong logical and clear thinking individual
- Ability to follow through
- Ability to deal with internal staff and external contacts in a courteous and professional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
For more information contact Deirdre McCarthy on 045 988 500