Senior Accountant - Hybrid Role ( 2 days per month in Office)
|The Senior Accountant’s key responsibilities will be to provide.
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly/quarterly accounts for stores.
- First review of management accounts before presentation of same to Head of Finance.
- Prepare quarterly balance sheet reconciliations and review those prepared by team members.
- Submission of quarterly results on Oracle to Group.
- Liaise with Divisional FC/Head of Finance on any releases/accruals at quarter end.
- Manage business provision of division.
- Manage, lead and develop a team of 3-4 colleagues.
- Timely review of teams’ work and escalation of queries outstanding.
- Work closely with the division Finance Operations Team Leader and ensure ledgers are up to date.
- Prepare Jet Reports for management accounts and ad hoc reporting requests.
- Act as a point of contact for Head FC/Head of Finance queries.
- Complete interim & year end audits in accordance with tight deadlines acting as a point of contact for auditor queries.
- Oversee Revenue submissions for VAT, ROM, RDCO, 46G.
- Quarterly controls reporting support including journal review.
- Provide ad hoc reporting as required.
- Qualified Accountant with membership of a professional body e.g. ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- 5+ years relevant post qualified experience.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of Accounting Standards and practices.
- Stakeholder management skills with ability to build relationships, internally and externally
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise and deliver high quality results.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate strong initiative and an achievement orientated approach to results.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business.
- Proven track record in leading and developing a team of people would be a distinct advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, especially with respect to large data sets.
- A working knowledge of MS Business Central would be a distinct advantage.