Mainly Remote Based Role
Office is Dublin
Reporting to Group FC
The Senior Accountant’s key responsibilities will be to provide.
• Timely and accurate preparation of monthly/quarterly accounts
• First review of management accounts before presentation of same to HeadRetail and Divisional FC and/or Head of Finance.
• Prepare quarterly balance sheet reconciliations and review those prepared by team members.
• Submission of quarterly results on Oracle to Group.
• Liaise with Divisional FC/Head of Finance and Head of on any releases/accruals at quarter end.
• Manage business provision of division.
• Manage, lead and develop a team of 3-4 colleagues.
• Timely review of teams’ work and escalation of queries outstanding.
• Work closely with the CFinance Operations Team Leader and ensure ledgers are up to date.
• Prepare Jet Reports for management accounts and ad hoc reporting requests.
• Act as a point of contact for Head of Divisional FC/Head of Finance queries.
• Complete interim & year end audits in accordance with tight deadlines acting as a point of contact for auditor queries.
• Oversee Revenue submissions for VAT, ROM, RDCO, 46G.
• Quarterly controls reporting support including journal review.
• Provide ad hoc reporting as required.
Qualified Accountant with membership of a professional body e.g. ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
5+ years relevant post qualified experience.
Strong numerical and analytical skills.
Good knowledge of Accounting Standards and practices.
Stakeholder management skills with ability to build relationships, internally and externally
Strong organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise and deliver high quality results.
Ability to demonstrate experience in working in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to demonstrate strong initiative and an achievement orientated approach to results.
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business.
Proven track record in leading and developing a team of people would be a distinct advantage.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, especially with respect to large data sets.
A working knowledge of MS Business Central would be a distinct advantage