Job Description - Senior Accountant
We are looking for a Financial Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets. Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in carrying out the finance function from beginning to end and have great attention to detail. Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
Accountant responsibilities include:
- Manage all accounting transactions.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate receipt of invoices. Post and create all invoices on SAGE.
- Post all bank transactions in SAGE, reconcile bank statements and ensure timely bank payments.
- Track payment to internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare budget forecasts and monthly comparisons of budget versus actual costs. Present results to higher management.
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
- Prepare quarterly management accounts.
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity.
- Audit financial transactions and documents.
- Manage tax compliance, including the computation of taxes, preparation of returns and processing tax payments and returns as required
- Liaise with external independent accountant/auditor and tax advisor.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like SAGE.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- Experience with general ledger functions.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- Must be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified.