Quality Assurance Manager
Permanent Full Time Role
Reporting to the Site Manager the Q.A. Manager will also liaise on a regular basis with internal and international company colleagues. The Q.A. will be responsible for all elements of operational quality, will lead the Quality Management function to develop and implement Quality Management Systems to ensure strict compliance with our legal obligations and customer requirements and to ensure that our products meet or exceed our established standards of excellence.
- Overall responsibility for implementation, co-ordination, management and improvement of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems and Standards including BRC and customers standards.
- Lead the HACCP Team and manage all site HACCP, pre-requisite quality programs, and all Quality/Food Safety related programs to meet regulatory and food safety requirements.
- Lead and manage regulatory, 3rd party and internal audits.
- Implement CAPA programs and ensure plant audit corrective action plans are implemented in an effective and timely manner.
- Work closely with and guide Q.C. Co-Ordinator.
- Lead production team to ensure continued focus on Food Safety and Quality, compliance, issue prevention, root cause problem solving and attention to detail.
- Provide strategic oversight over Quality and Food Safety issue related decisions.
- Lead the resolution of product complaints, non-conformance's, and customer queries.
- Ensure sanitation and Food Safety guidelines are being met.
- Ensure trace-ability is always maintained and support team in all Mass Balance / Trace ability challenges conducted.
- Manage and deliver on agreed annual quality objectives program and quality targets.
- Define and implement hygiene, GMP and compliance standards.
- Identification of and delivery of all relevant continuous improvement initiatives.
- Address quality issues (Internal and Customer Complaints) by implementing rigorous root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Carry out GMP audits of site, monitor and support close-outs.
- Responsible for decisions regarding the outcome of non-conforming material investigations and ensuring the appropriate actions are carried out.
- Report to Site Manager on Q.A. activities, trends, performance and audit outcomes.
- Prepare reports for and attend Monthly Management Meetings.
- Develop and manage Quality & Food Safety related training and as required conduct food safety and product quality related training for staff, visitors and contractors.
- Manage new product introduction on to site in conjunction with NPD Department.
- Responsible for food safety risk assessment during the introduction of new engineering processes/equipment.
- Minimum of an Honours Science degree in Food Science/ Quality Management.
- Minimum of 5 years Quality Management experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience implementing Quality Systems: BRC Food Safety Global Standard.
- Strong knowledge of HACCP, GMP and BRC Food Safety Global Standard.
- Self –starter, work under own initiative, assertive and highly motivated.
- Attention to detail coupled with strong problem-solving ability.
- Quality risk-based thinking and decision-making ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Clear demonstration of an ability to provide guidance and motivation to others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong compute application skills (Word, Power Point, Excel).
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
Please Submit CV in Word Format