Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Arklow, Co. Wicklow
Permanent full time
Newly created Vacancy
- Reporting to the Technical Manager you will be the site QA representative with responsibility for food safety and quality issues. This role will require cross functional interaction between all Departments to ensure agreed procedures, standards and requirements relating to quality, safety and legality are communicated, monitored and identified for improvements where necessary.
- You will need to demonstrate leadership in promoting a food safety and quality focused culture both within the QA team and across the business.
- Communication of QA related issues and reports will need to be organised and presented to assess and review results, identify corrective actions and plan for continuous improvement.
- You will need to be flexible in meeting the demands of the business and to cater for developments and issues requiring attention outside normal working hours.
- External training commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of this role will be necessary to ensure you stay up to date and competent in this position and the responsibilities demanded of both low care and high care environments.
- Implementation of food safety and quality procedures in the factory in line with the requirements of the BRC Global Standard for Sites 1 & 2.
- Assist the Technical Manager in the completion of Quality review Meetings and quarterly QMS reviews against set objectives.
- Manage the quality team in respect of delivering upon their set objectives and promoting continuous improvement.
- Assist the Technical Manager in representing the QA Department during customer visits and audits.
- Liaise with external legal enforcement agencies
- Assisting the Technical Manager in the Development, implementation and verification of the HACCP plan and pre requisite programmes.
- Assisting in the development of quality and food safety strategies for the site.
- Manage the sites Food Defence, VACCP and TACCP programmes with the support of all other relevant Departments.
- Implement, maintain and review the internal Auditing Programme. Conduct internal Audits as per schedule and ensure all audits are completed in a timely manner and closed off within the allocate timeframe.
- Conduct daily checks across the site to verify compliance against documented SOP’s, GMP, Factory Hygiene and the QMS.
- Manage the sampling and analysis programme for all food, water, environmental and swabbing activities.
- Manage the Pest Control Programme and liaise with relevant Departments regarding corrective/preventative actions necessary to support this programme.
- Manage and oversee the completion of customer specifications and associated supporting documents.
- Stay abreast of Customer policies and requirements and report upon matters likely to impact upon existing specifications/practices.
- Participate in Supplier review meetings and maintain a performance rating for each Supplier based on food safety and quality related issues.
- Ensure thorough and effective corrective action is taken with respect to Non-Conformances raised in relation to raw materials, process or end products.
- Ensure all NCP’s raised are captured and documented in a timely manner and where necessary implicated Suppliers contacted to address matters arising.
- Co-ordinate customer complaints by documenting all reported findings/issues, conducting investigations and root cause analysis and responding where appropriate to each customer.
- Co-ordinate the reporting, analysis and trending or all QA generated reports for circulation to relevant Departments and in preparation for inspection and audit
- Co-ordinate the annual Calibration of all test and measuring devices with the Maintenance Department.
- Execute training in the areas of food safety, legality and quality and identify training needs to deliver improvements in personnel and business performance.
- Monitor hygiene performance across both sites against documented cleaning schedules by managing a programmer of verification activities involving visual checks and test procedures.
- Previous QA Management experience required.
- Previous experience dealing with low care and high care environments desirable
- Experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment, ideally with food manufacturing/production experience
- Excellent communication and organisational skills