Project Accountant - Co. Kildare
Our client based in Co. Kildare is going through significant expansion and require a Project to join the team on a permanent basis.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
This role will require core financial and management accounting skills while also giving exposure to the complex structured finance solutions used to fund projects;
Involved in the financial close process working closely across a number of workstreams including legal, technical due diligence, insurance, swaps, model audit and tax;
Take ownership of the monthly debt utilisation process working closely with the agent bank, lenders technical advisor and the project team to manage sub-contractor claims and payments;
Responsible for the financial management and integrity of reporting for all aspects of a number of development DAC’s including Fixed Assets, Bank, Debtors, Creditors, Procurement and GL reporting. Assist in ensuring that the governance and internal control frameworks for these entities is adhered to;
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure the successful delivery of these projects on time and to budget;
- Financial Management and Project Reporting
- Managing Lender processes and relationship;
- Service Delivery:
- Provide accurate and timely financial results to the project teams, steering committees and Boards;
- Provide accurate and timely financial results to the project lenders;
- Manage the core ledger processes for a number of projects and DAC’s (Fixed Assets, AP, AR, Bank, GL);
- Work with FSSC to implement required systems and processes to support project delivery;
- Prepare the monthly accounts for the various projects including Joint Ventures;
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities, driving automation, standardisation and elimination to maximise process efficiencies.
- Governance/Risk Management:
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to project development teams
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Qualified accountant with experience in the energy sector;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of energy sector and experience with renewable projects.