Operations Manager Key Responsibilities
Maintaining and improving where applicable an excellent supply and delivery service to all clients.
Ensuring that key performance indicators (“KPI’s”) that apply to Operations are in place; are in line with Company targets; and monitoring performance.
Ultimate responsibility for the adherence throughout the site of Health and Safety regulations shall rest with the Operations Manager; he shall set standards across the facility; and promote health and safety and continuous improvement activities on a continuous basis.
- Monitor and control of the on-time delivery of the production plan.
- Maximize production efficiency at all times, ensuring relevant quantity and quality targets are met.
- Promote a continuous improvement environment, developing and implementing solutions which take cost out of the process whilst maintaining quality consistency.
- Manage, review and develop production personnel skills by ensuring all employees operate to the highest standards, ensuring that all staff training records are kept up to date at all times.
- Ensure all issues regarding quality and food safety are dealt with correctly.
- Work closely with the Quality and Technical team ensuring all process systems and associated legislative requirements are managed in line with the required standards.
- Be pro-active in working with other company cross-functional personnel to ensure all clients are consistently satisfied with their product requirements.
- Manage and monitor maintenance of all equipment, ensuring there is a robust preventative maintenance programme in place operating to the highest standard, be capable of presenting at any external audit.
- Enforce staff disciplinary measures were applicable, ensuring that good practice is exercised at all times in accordance with all current statutory employment legislation.
- Manage good practice controls in relation to allergen control under the guidance of the site Technical Manager, and ensure all staff are trained to the allergen control requirements as stipulated by the site`s Technical Manager.
- Ensure that all accident reports are reported on time, ensuring that all appropriate documentation is adequately recorded.
- Manage the cleaning regime for the site production area under the guidance of the Technical Manager ensuring the highest hygiene standards are adhered to at all times.
Warehousing and Logistics:
- Manage the Warehouse and Logistics team, overseeing all goods in, stocks held, and goods out.
- In conjunction with the Purchasing Manger monitor inventory levels of both products manufactured by the company and commodities purchased externally, ensuring both customer requirements and the companies working capital demands are taken into consideration.
- Ensure best practice stock management techniques are followed including (but not limited to) raw materials being utilized on a FIFO basis; cycle counts being conducted on a daily rolling basis; additional targeted stock counts for high risk items; and schedule full physical stock takes throughout the year.
- Supervise operations in the Warehouse through planning daily/weekly work schedules.
- Develop long term strategy for the warehouse, including working with the Financial Controller on utilizing the Epicor ERP system to its full potential.
- Develop a space capacity strategy to maximise the company’s ability to hold stock; make operations more effective and ensure adequate space is available so that unforeseen uplifts in inventory levels can be accommodated.
- Introduce a programme of continuous improvements.
- Manage all product storage in relation to good practice control for allergens in accordance with the site`s Technical policy for allergens.
For more information please contact John on 045 888 737