Salary: €60,000 - €65,000 plus excellent benefits
Permanent full time
Flexible working hours
This role is a leadership role supporting the Manager of Production Operations to lead the production team to meet the department goals. It requires effective leadership of teams and individuals as well as the application of sound technical skills to drive the department forward.
The Production Lead will support the manufacturing schedule for the Tableting Department through the consistent, efficient, validated and safe production of finished pharmaceutical products in strict compliance with cGMP.
- Lead and promote a culture of Safety, Quality and Continuous Improvement within the Tabletting Department
- Lead and promote performance management and communication across the Department
- To provide first-line support and act as mentor to the Operations Team Leaders and Graduate trainees in the area.
- Foster and environment where change is embraced.
- Working alongside our HR department, lead & drive recruitment for the Tableting Department.
- Direct line management of a team of Operational Support staff & all associated activities.
- Be available to perform duties of the Operational Shift Team Leader role across all Tableting work centres including ability to work 12 hour day/night shift as required.
- Deputise for the Production Manager including participation in tier 1-5 operational performance dialogue.
- Working closely with our planning department, formulate, maintain & publish the monthly production schedules.
- Maintain, calculate & publish various KPI systems identified to drive monthly production performance.
- First line support/designee for the Production Manager for day to day operational support issues i.e. handling all operational safety & quality issues, ensuring schedule accuracy/adherence in multiple work centres.
- Assistance in the development of a documentation system to augment training, compliance and cGMP in Production Department (SOPs, MIs, training records).
- Key role in preparation & execution of regulatory, internal & customer audits.
- Key interface with other Departments in the business, such as Planning and Supply Chain, Quality and Technical Services
- Providing a technical ability within the Production Department to address:
- Tableting issues (Dispensary, Granulation, Blending, Compression, Coating, Printing, and Drying & Visual Inspection).
- Material handling concerns
- Documentation requirements
- IT data control & systems maintenance (SAP/XFP)
- Minimum of a Degree in Science or related discipline.
- Relevant Lean qualification desirable.
- Experience in a leadership role, dealing with significant change.
- Previous experience in managing the performance of individual team members and that of the overall team/department.
- Previous experience in Lean Manufacturing is preferable.
- Ability to lead and promote shared responsibility for getting things done in an organisation.
- Track record of getting commitment from team members and others to act on strategies plans and goals.
- Proved ability to look beyond ‘the way things are done’ and effectively implement change.
- Excellent multi-tasking/organisational skills essential.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Problem-solving ethos & commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to work effectively with other departments.
- Flexible approach to working & ability to work to tight deadlines.