• Develop and execute new improved procurement strategies across all departments of purchasing
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of procurement structure and systems
• Review and implement the company’s’ Corporate Procurement Plan
• Collaborate with department heads to achieve greater value for money, provide information and guidance with the tendering process and with contract management
• Continuous review and implementation of procurement policies and procedures to ensure the company remains compliant
• Supervise the tendering process include reviewing documentation and communication with suppliers
• Manage, Facilities, any challenges to procurement decisions
• Oversee the mitigation of risks for each contract and tender process
• Provide support with supplier performance reviews to ensure that contractual obligations are met and value for money is delivered during the contract period
• Quantify, segment and report on total procurement spend
• Preparation of procurement and contracts status reports for management
• Develop and deliver/support procurement training for staff involved in procurement activity
• Manage queries from internal audit and Controller & Auditor General along with implementation of any procurement recommendations
Qualifications & Requirements
• A relevant degree or post graduate qualification in procurement
• A minimum of three years’ experience in senior procurement roles to include a working knowledge of Public Sector procurement regulations, EU procurement regulations, the etendering system, tender management, contract and supplier management and working with National Procurement Bodies.
• Be comfortable interacting with senior management and internal departments across the organization.
• Have the ability to challenge established practices and policies.
• Excellent organisation skills with ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Proficient at MS Office