Leinster Appointments is currently recruiting for a Procurement Officer in Co. Kildare.
The role is permanent, full time and will offer hybrid working options once training is completed.
- Maintain an ethical and consistent approach to procurement in line with Quality and Commercial Procedures.
- Managing & updating the Supplier Database.
- Sourcing new suppliers & products worldwide.
- Managing supplier relationships
- Scheduling & prioritising requisitions.
- Negotiating pricing, payment terms & conditions in line with budgets.
- Produce and issue Material Purchase Orders.
- Sending out enquiries to suitable suppliers.
- Working closely with all other departments
- 3rd Level qualification in Procurement / Supply Chain Management or equivalent desirable.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of purchasing processes and ERP systems.
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience as Procurement officer or related position in the Construction Industry. – Experience on large Civil Engineering projects would be an advantage.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills & the ability to multitask , work to deadlines & work under pressure.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.