- Support tender preparation, identifying alternatives and making suggestions to ensure objectives are met.
- Provide advice and support to contract managers in development of tender documentation, evaluation, contract award, communication of decisions to tenderers and contract management processes.
- Provides procurement support in relation to best practice public procurement procedures and assists with the tendering and procurement process generally, as follows;
- Provide access to standard templates, purchasing procedures, checklists and guidelines, legal terms and conditions, and other such documentation required for the tendering process.
- Liaise with other functions, where applicable, in the commercial evaluation of tenders in accordance with pre-established criteria using appropriate methodologies.
- Manage the supplier database, including adding new suppliers, merging / deactivating duplicate supplier accounts, amending the supplier name to reflect the correct legal / trading name.
- Prepare financial reports for high value contracts for annual year-end audits.
- Interface with internal and external auditors as required.
- A relevant third level qualification or studying towards same;
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, computerized systems;
- Be well-organized and work to strict deadlines, with the ability to manage and prioritize different, and sometimes conflicting, workloads;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy