We are currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager in West Dublin.
Permanent full time role.
Hybrid working settings.
Salary up to €69,000 depending on experience.
• To develop and manage Procurement, Sourcing and Contracting systems and processes
• To prepare and manage Tenders and Contracts in accordance with companys' policies and procedures, and in particular to ensure compliance with EU Procurement Directives.
• To identify and ensure all appropriate products and services are included in the Procurement, Sourcing, Tendering and Contract process, and to promote standardisation and rationalisation in all areas of non-pay expenditure.
• Consult and liaise with Department Heads and end users regarding all matters concerning Equipment, Products, Services and Works and organize and attend product user committees to evaluate specifications and performance.
• Develop, cultivate and maintain good commercial relationships with Suppliers in order to increase procurement negotiation effectiveness
• Establish and maintain all procedures and appropriate records relating to the post and day to day operation of the Procurement Sourcing Contracts Division function in accordance with policy.
• Lead on National Procurements including European Tendering initiatives for Procurement categories as assigned such as Equipment, Products, Services and Works.
• Provide strategic procurement and sourcing services to Department Heads/Managers as appropriate and authorised including:
o Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Planning
o Procurement, Tendering, Contracting Process and Planning
o Negotiation planning, authorisation and implementation.
o Sourcing Procurement research.
o Supplier Selection, development, evaluating and rating.
o Managing Procurement and Commercial Contracts.
o Procurement categorisation and strategic mapping.
o Implementing savings initiatives.
• Enhance and lead Procurement focus that involves the strategic role of Procurement, Sourcing, Tendering and Contracting specialisation.
• Ensure material/service requirements of the hospital are procured on the best possible commercial terms.
• Develop and manage the annual procurement plan categories that have been assigned for Supplies, Services, Works and associated activities.
• Be primary contact and liaison for Procurement categories’ both internal and externally.
• Provide guidance and leadership to all cross functional teams.
• Assist in the development of the strategic Procurement Plan both short term and long term planning.
• Other ad-hoc duties that may arise.
• Extensive knowledge of Public Sector Procurement guidelines including eTenders and European Journal Portal (OJEU).
• Possess a third level qualification in relevant field e.g. Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Management or related area supplemented by an appropriately recognised CIPS or equivalent qualification.
• Have at least 3 years’ relevant procurement experience in a high volume dynamic environment.
• Practical experience of use of IT systems / packages
• Fluent command and understanding of the English language to include spoken and written word.